I Don’t Wanna!
I’ve been going back and forth on this weight thing forever! One week I am so into it. I am watching my carbs and avoiding sugar at every corner and walking steps instead of elevators and the next week I am like “Bump This, I need a cupcake. I deserve it.”
Whatever the case, I have gained and lost the same 15 pounds for years now. Then just last week the thought crossed my mind, “Maybe I am ok with being overweight.” I mean the clothes are popping, my husband loves to grab all of this, and I’m gorgeous. I like being a curvy girl but the caveat to that is I’m not healthy at all. I look good but I feel like coal. I ache, I swell and I run out of breath quickly.
The bottom line is I need to change my habits and I need to change them fast. So last month during the B.Y.O.K. intentional theme, I started researching. And I learned a lot about different vitamins that will organically improve my health.
Vitamin Roll Call
- Maca Powder: My hormones are all jacked up. Since I’ve been using them my cycle stopped. That is a big deal because my cycle goes for months at a time. That is irritating and takes a major roll on physical and mental state. I am still monitoring progress to see if this help regulate my cycle time.
- Magnesium: I retain so much water and read this helps with that. The added plus is it promotes bone and heart health as well.
- Biotin: My eczema is crazy. If you follow any my social media sites. If not, what are you waiting for? I am on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. On a post 2 weeks back, I mentioned on my social media sites about my Boss telling me about a regimen she learned from Bria Katana on YouTube. Over the weeks Bria Katana’s procedure has helped clear up dry spots. I heard that Biotin helps promote Hair, Nails and Skin health.
- Garlic Supplements: My mom tells me this helps with Blood Pressure. Hypertension runs in my family so I am taking it as a precaution.
- Cranberry Chews: I am not a doctor, but I know my hormones are the culprit of my urinary tract going ballistic at times. I know the levels are off, so I chew one of these a day to help prevent a UTI.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This is the elixir that is supposed to help with Everything! The first day I gulped ½ cup of it and basically this was how I felt.
Now I take a cap-full in the morning and chase it with juice or water.
Acknowledging What I Eat
I started cooking more to monitor what exactly what’s in my food. Cooking is not my talent but I enjoy it and my husband gets all touchy feely when I cook, so that’s a plus.
Cooking is so therapeutic and the reason I came up with this concept in the first place. My tempo when cooking as the worse thing on this earth is some terrible tasting food. While I am mixing and baking ideas come to me and TADA the Diary of a Curvalicious Broad is born!
And no, this is not another weight loss blog, this is just literally on my mind now. This segment is to provide transparency and hopefully relatable emotions and thoughts some women go through. I am not perfect at all nor do I obtain to be this Boss Chick. I am a “take it one day at a time” type of gal and if you are too…we can join forces and complete our goals slow as hell by going through the process.
This week I have decided to incorporate exercise and prepping which I will share on the B.Y.O.K. social media pages (for real follow me). Let’s chat on social media, I will respond within a 24 hour period ( I do have a full-time job as well so bare with me.)
The more we support each other in becoming healthy, the more successful we can be. Catch you all next week!
If you have any good or bad experiences with trying to get healthy, please share. I also encourage any tips you can share with everyone.